Friday, March 15, 2013

How to be on TOP?




Over the Top

 Zig Ziglar, (Kandivli(West), Munbai,India: Magna Graphics(India) Ltd. 1999) 315pp.

CLAIMING THE QUALITIES

STEP #1: For thirty days first thing in the morning, lasting at night, by yourself, in front of the mirror, stand up straight, square your shoulder, look yourself in the eye, and quietly, but with conviction, say in the first person present tense:

      “I, ____________, am a person of integrity with a good, positive, “Gosh!” attitude and specific goals, I have a high energy level, am enthusiastic, and take pride in my appearance and what I do. I have a sense of humor, lots of faith, wisdom, and the vision, empathy, and courage to use my talents effectively. I have character and am knowledgeable. My convictions are strong, and I have a healthy self-image, a passion for what is right, and a solid hope for the future.

“I am honest, sincere, hardworking person. I am tough but fair and sensitive. I’m disciplined, motivated, and focused. I am a good listener and patient, but take decisive action. I am bold, authoritative, and confident, yet humble. I am an encourager, a good-finder, an excellent communicator, and I am developing winning habits. I am loving, caring, gentle, and kind, and I am a student, a teacher, and a self-starter. I am obedient, loyal, responsible, dependable, and prompt. I have a servant’s heart and self-control. I am ambitious, cheerful, courteous, respectful, compassionate, and a team player. I am personable, optimistic, and organized. I am consistent, considerate, generous, and resourceful. I am intelligent, competent, persistent, and creative. I am health-conscious, balance, and sober. I am flexible, punctual, thrifty, and diligent.

“ I am a giving, forgiving, personable, friendly, unselfish, mannerly, neat, obedient good-finder who does my best at whatever I do. I am also a versatile, curious, mature, action-oriented person who respond to life’s challenges, and I have a strong desire to succeed in all areas of life.

“I am a prudent, honorable person, and I run my life with integrity and discernment. I am truly grateful for the opportunity life has given me. These are the qualities of the winner I was born to be, and I am fully committed to develop these marvelous qualities with which I have been entrusted. I know that by doing this I will be happier, healthier, more prosperous, and more secure. I will also have more peace of mind, more friends, better family relationships, and more hope for a better future. Tonight I’m going to sleep wonderfully well. I will dream powerful, positive dreams. I will awaken energized and refreshed, and tomorrow’s going to be magnificent!”

            Repeat the process the next morning and close by saying: “These are the qualities of the winner I was born to be. Today is the first day of the rest of my life, and it is wonderful.”

STEP # 2: After thirty days add this step: Choose your strongest quality and the one you feel needs the most work. EXAMPLE: strongest –hones; needs most work- organized. On a separate 3 x 5 card, print: “I, ______________, am a complete honest person, and everyday I am getting better and better organized.”
            Do this first thing in the morning and lasting at night for one week, then repeat the process with the second- strongest quality and the second one that needs work. D this until you’ve competed the entire list. This process will change your life for the better.
            NOTE: Keep this handy and use it regularly for the rest of your life!
STEP # 3: Concentrate on the qualities that more specifically apply to each area of life, and focus on them while understanding that many of them will overlap and some of them apply regardless of your objective.

“To build better relationship with my family and fellowman, I, __________, am a sincere, patient, giving and forgiving, cheerful, friendly, personable, mature, flexible, understanding, courteous, respectful, compassionate, considerate, sensitive individual with integrity and a good sense of humor. I am also neat, clean, and sober, a good listener and a good-finder. I am a loving, caring, gentle, kind, loyal, companionate, faithful, mannerly, unselfish person who is affectionate and generous with my family and have great affection for my fellowman. These are the qualities   that enable me to build permanent winning relationships with my fellowman and loving lifetime relationships with my family.”

            To succeed in whatever your field of endeavor and move into executive or leadership position:

“, ____________, am a consistent, creative, committed, emotionally intelligent, competent, respectful, humble, mature person. I am a disciplined, dependable, creative, courteous, hardworking good listener who is also a good-finder, using wisdom, good judgment, and patience in dealing with people and problems. I have a positive attitude, high energy level, self-control, and good communications skills. I am focused and tough on myself and fair with others. I am bold, authoritative, and confident, and I take decisive action. I have compete integrity, a great sense of humor, and a thirst for knowledge. I am action oriented and run my day by the clock and my life with a vision. I keep my life in balance and am on a daily personal growth program in my physical, mental, and spiritual lives, so I will live well and finished well. I have integrity, a passion for what I do, intense faith, a servant’s heart, and a strong desire to work for the benefit of my family and my associates. These are the qualities that are enabling me to become the leader I was born to be.

“To improve my health, increase my energy level, and enable me to be more so I can do more and have more, I, ___________, am a highly motivated, disciplined, mature individual with great self-control who is health-conscious and committed to a lifestyle that will improve my health, increase my energy, and help ensure a high quality of life all of my life. I eat healthy, well-balanced meals in appropriate proportions, exercise sensibly on a regular basis, and get an adequate amount of sleep. I abstain from alcohol, tobacco, and drugs and protect my mind from negative or degrading input. I seek and enjoy the company of people who share my outlook and values because I know that my associates will encourage me in my commitments.”

            MESSAGE: Recognize your unique qualities, then specifically apply these qualities to your objectives, whether you wish to lose weight, get a better education, increase your net worth, move up the corporate ladder, or achieve another worthwhile goal.
            FINALLY: Turn back to pages vii-viii and check the twelve objectives I identified for you plus the procedure that can increase you income, improve your family relationship, and make you happier and healthier. Mark ones you feel you have accomplished and start again on page 1.

Objectives
            Since a significant portion of Over the Top deals with establishing a goal program, I share with you my goals for this book in your life.
1.      To give you legitimate hope and fuel it with encouragement, which is as vital to the soul as oxygen is to the body.
2.      To share with you how you can acquire more of the things money will buy and all of the things money won’t buy.
3.      To show you how to have employment security in a world where job security no longer exists.
4.      To persuade you that failure is an event, not a person.
5.      To help you change the picture you have of yourself so you can change your perception of what life has to offer.
6.      To encourage you to make decisions today that will enable you to live well and finish well.
7.      To demonstrate why you’ve got to be before you can do and do before you can have.
8.      To raise both your IQ and your EI (emotional intelligence).
9.      To help you develop the right attitudes, combine them with the right skills, and develop a character foundation to ensure a balance success.
10.  To “sell” you on why you should make friends with your past so you can focus on the present and safeguard your future.
11.  To show you how you can be happier, healthier, more prosperous, more secure, have more friends, greater peace of mind, better family relationships, and more hope.
12.  To show you why you can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.


            GUARANTEE: If you will read more slowly and mark more carefully the things that inspire you, you will get far more from the second reading than you did the first reading. And if you read it to a child, a person who cannot see, or a functionally illiterate person, you will get dramatically more from Over the Top your second or subsequent time through.